KANSAS ASSOCIATION FOR UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL
The Kansas Association for Uniform Traffic Control (KAUTC) is an organization formed in 1973. It is comprised of a diverse group of members including: city, state, county and federal traffic engineers/ technicians, consultants, education, law enforcement and traffic related vendors.
KAUTC was conceived in 1972 when a group of concerned professionals met to discuss how the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices should be placed into operation. The group called themselves the Urban Area Traffic Engineer organization. Their primary purpose was to promote uniformity among traffic engineers in the state of Kansas. In 1973, the organization adopted a constitution and chose a new name, the Kansas Association for Uniform Traffic Control (KAUTC). Since then, KAUTC has grown in membership from 17 members to more than 150 members.
Today, KAUTC continues the promotion of uniformity as the transportation industry moves into the future. New technology, projects, and ideas are shared between members at our three yearly meetings. Please feel free to dig into our history and governance, fill out an application, and join us in discussion at our next meeting.
Vice Pres - Sally Mayer
Adv. Tech. Research Engineering Associate
Kansas Dept. of Transportation
Secretary - Lance Boyer
Senior Engineering Technician
Kaw Valley Engineering
President - Mike Searle
General Manager / Sales
Gades Sales Company
Treasurer - Kristi Ericksen
City Traffic Engineer
City of Topeka
Ad Hoc Officers
John Hightower - IMSA Coordinator
Traffic Signal Specialist
City of Overland Park
Kurt Rotering - Webmaster
Team Leader / Traffic
Past Pres - Sara Peters
State Traffic Engineer
Kansas Department of Transportation
1. Formal meeting of the KAUTC will be held on the first Wednesday of the months of February, June, and October, except in a case where a joint meeting is scheduled.
2. The Board of Directors shall hold their regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting prior to the formal meeting.
3. Members will be dropped from the membership roster if dues are unpaid by the June meeting.
4. The KAUTC newsletter shall be published and electronically mailed, at least thirty (30) days prior to each formal meeting.
5. The Secretary is empowered to sign checks in the absence of the Treasurer.
6. It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to provide an updated list of unpaid members to the Board of Directors at each Board meeting.
7. It shall be the duty of the President to send a notice to the entire mailing list to pay their dues for the following year. It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to track who has and has not paid then provide an updated invoice and list of those who have paid to the President. The President shall send the second and final notice for dues after the Spring Meeting.
8. The Board of Directors may waive the dues of retired members upon receiving an application of dues waiver request.